Thursday, May 28, 2009

The sweet aint as sweet without the sour...

I'm bummed that I don't update this anywhere near as much as I used to. My dumb phone doesn't let me login to the site and I've been so busy lately that I am never around a computer. Today, I mustered up the courage to go to the bank and open up a savings account and a checking account. When I was younger, I got into a lot of trouble with both Wells Fargo and TCF Bank regarding overdrafts and fake money orders, but I figured it wouldn't show up due to the fact that I used a totally different social security number for those accounts. So I go to Chase, because I figure they just got bailed out and aren't in any position to deny new customers. Denied. She then informed me that I will not be able to open another account anywhere in the US for another seven to ten years. No loans. No cars. No houses. No computers. I'm stuck paying for everything in cold hard cash til then. And this whole time, I've been saving money for a down payment for a car too. A good friend of mine is letting me use his car to commute to work for a minute until I can somehow get my own, so I'm counting that as a blessing. I found out I have a reputation. I work a lot. I'm thinking about flying somewhere next week. I just watched High Fidelity for the first time, and I realized that John Cusack's character IS me, only a lot cooler and more subdued. My coworkers hate me and I can't figure out why. I'm really tired of paying for mistakes I made years ago still, no matter how pure my intent nowadays really is. I'm moving to Sacramento in a month or two to be closer to work. I don't associate myself with the same category of people I've always been associated with, and it is the best, most free feeling I've had in a long time. You step outside yourself and everything you know and view it from a non-partisan stance and you see how incredulous the life you formerly lived really is. I live a good life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I don't associate myself with the same category of people I've always been associated with, and it is the best, most free feeling I've had in a long time. You step outside yourself and everything you know and view it from a non-partisan stance and you see how incredulous the life you formerly lived really is. I live a good life..."

you're a good guy, remember that. i hope this way of thinking continues.