Monday, January 19, 2009

January Nineteenth, Two-Thousand and Nine.

One of my best friends drove me home last night at 2:00a.m. We get to my house, jump out, smoke a cigarette, then he tells me to get in the car. He drives. We wind up at Lake Berryessa and talk for hours about life and this town and how infectious it all is. I was very drunk, but I was there for him. We must have smoked an entire pack of Camel 100s. And I don't even smoke.


I guess it was just nice and somewhat of a consolation to know that I am not alone in my wild, rampant, erratic thoughts and impulses. That there is another person who feels the same things as I do. I thought I was an anomaly, but its somewhat comforting to know that Im more normal than I thought. Or that other people are as fucked up in the head as I am. Im crazy. I think I could clinically pass for a number of disorders and that I possess many traits of a defunct person. Damaged goods? I dont think I would go that far... but its always good to know Im not the only person on a sinking ship.


When I leave, it seems like he's coming with me. Same agenda. Same aspirations. Why not?

No comments: